Please be advised that the members at the University of Calgary have ratified a new Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement has many improvements to language including: Union security, discipline and grievance procedure etc.
A few of the highlights are:
- Floater day – one paid day off that you choose per year.
- Sick Day – will be increased to maximum of four (4) per year with an accumulation up to maximum of six (6).
- Work week goes from 44 hours at straight time to 40 hours.
- When required to work though meal or rest breaks members will be paid.
- RRSP – up to maximum of $300 per year will be matched by the
- Employer through the Employer’s payroll deduction plan.
- Wage increases: 2% (effective date of ratification); 3% October 1, 2013; 4% October 1, 2014
Congratulations to everyone at University of Calgary on their Collective Agreement and thank you to Bargaining Committee members Ritchie Nagypal and Bob Waslenyko for their dedication.